Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, and long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a System test development engineer to develop tests for our Lidar products for deployment in the manufacturing line.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop comprehensive tests in Python for screening LiDAR system hardware on the assembly line.
- Develop test platforms and algorithms for conditioning Lidar system hardware.
- Define test conditions and specifications for LiDAR final test in consultation with product and design engineering teams.
- Optimize test flows for throughput in the manufacturing line.
What you'll have:
- BS Physics/EE/CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced, hands-on product development environment
- 2+ years of experience with LIDAR or other optical sensor or photonics product testing
- Knowledge of key performance metrics for LIDAR and how to measure them
- Experience writing code to automate test processes
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Experience manually operating test equipment e.g. oscilloscopes, power supplies and photodetectors.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of the mathematical and physical concepts underlying LiDAR
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards