Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
Aeva is seeking a hands-on Director of Physical Design. In this role, you will be responsible for the physical implementation of Aeva digital ASICs. Managing implementation activities with internal teams and vendors to final production.
What you'll be doing:
- You are expected to have hands-on experience with most aspects of physical implementation including Synthesis, STA, Power Analysis, DFT, Place & Route, post-silicon bring-up, Characterization, and Qualification.
- Manage external ASIC and physical IP vendors for physical implementation, Package design and qualification, Silicon characterization, and Qualification.
- Drive implementation methodologies and flows, selection of CAD tools, and 3rd party physical IP.
- Collaborate with architects, designers, and implementation engineers. Lead by example in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a clear communicator with a proven ability to work across functions inside the company, and with partners across the globe.
What you'll have:
- Extensive experience implementing multiple ASICs to production in advanced process nodes
- Experience working with vendors on physical IP (mixed-signal IP, PHY) selection and integration
- Must have worked with ASIC vendors and managed physical implementation activities
- Hands-on experience with Synthesis, STA, DFT, Power analysis, and Formal equivalence tools. Developed methodologies and flows with automation.
- BSEE, MSEE, or Ph.D. with 10+ years of relevant management experience in the physical implementation of Digital ASICs.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with developing automotive-grade silicon with AEC-Q100 qualification and ISO 26262
- Remote workforce (domestic and international) management experience
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards