Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
Lead and own layout and design of high power III-V devices for Lidar applications
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the III-V devices to be taped out at partner foundries.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure III-V Devices meets DFX requirements
- Drive design for excellence for high power lasers and amplifiers
- Drive resolution of product manufacturing issues (Epi, wafer process, and coating) at external foundries
What you'll have
- 2+ years of experience with edge-emitting laser design.
- Comfortable with Photonics Layout software (OptoDesigner/Klayout)
- Comfortable with analyzing large datasets using JMP/R/Python
- Demonstrated experience with characterization and testing of edge-emitting lasers and developing test plans thereof
- Can-do attitude with a zeal to solve complex problems in a cross-functional product development environment
- Experience with working in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience with one of MOCVD/III-V wafer process/ III-V backend process
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards