Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
Aeva is looking to bring on an Optical Engineer to join our dynamic, fast-paced, and highly innovative environment. The position will contribute to the design, development, and testing of complex optical sub-components and systems used within Aeva’s LiDAR coherent sensing system.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and analyze optical systems, including developing optical architectures , evaluating tolerances, manufacturability, light budgets and other trade-offs.
- Perform sequential and non-sequential simulations of optical systems.
- Direct specification development for detailed drawings of optical components
- Generate and document new IP
What you have:
- Bachelors or Masters in optical engineering, physics, or related field.
- 3+ years experience maturing optical systems designs from proof of concept to production
- Ability to model and script in ZEMAX, Code V, Fred, or similar
- Experience in tolerance analysis, stray-light and scattering analysis
- Experience with precision optical, micro-optic and/or fiber optic components
- Hands-on laboratory skills in setting up, testing, validating, and troubleshooting optical, fiber optic and opto-mechanical subsystems
- Knowledge of limitations and fabrication of optics (molded, polished, diamond turned) as well as micro structures
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards