Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, and long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
Lead and grow III-V (semiconductor Lasers and Optical Amplifiers) Device Team to deliver cutting-edge solutions for next-gen lidar applications
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of engineers to transition lasers and amplifiers from development to production
- Develop engineering requirement documents for a variety of product lines to ensure devices meet required performance, yield, and cost metrics
- Lead integration of III-V devices into lidar product lines by working across teams to develop packaging and integration based on BKM
- Lead design for performance to specs, manufacturing, reliability, test – DFx methodologies
- Own definition of test strategy & oversee implementation for validation, reliability, NPI, and production
- Define lot strategy and splits to improve the performance of base designs developed in R&D
- Own the NPI and transition to high volume production of cutting edge III-V device with high yield and low cost
- Interface with cross-functional teams to drive requirements from photonics into product design
- Own & drive clear engineering requirement documentation and specifications across the teams to deliver products on schedule and within budget
What you'll have:
- 10+ years of experience leading teams to deliver lasers and/or SOAs into production
- Experience with laser and optical amplifier reliability and packaging
- Demonstrated experience with delivering cutting-edge designs into production
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including process, test, packaging, and reliability
- Can-do attitude with a goal to deliver cutting-edge solutions
- Experience with several design cycles and product launch
Nice to haves:
- Experience with silicon photonics process and test
- Experience with launching products into the automotive market
What's in it for you:
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity!
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- Unlimited PTO: Take all the time you need.
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites!