Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for an expert in Photonics components and optical module test & characterization to join our core engineering team!
What you'll do:
- Responsible for Laser and Photonics characterization at the wafer, chip-scale, and module assemblies.
- Develop novel characterization and debug tests into standardized procedures to deliver statistically significant data sets.
- Deliver test solutions for characterization of photonic integrated chips (PIC) at the wafer and chip scale.
- Create designed experiments to map device performance while working with Design, Process, and System Engineering teams to stabilize and improve product screening at wafer-probe and package level testing.
- Interact with suppliers and optimize characterization plans based on supplier's processes and capabilities.
- Clearly document test procedures, mentor junior engineers, and supervise operators at Aeva’s validation lab.
- Perform statistical analysis of large data sets to characterize and improve performance.
- Provide test reports that summarize findings and present them to engineering teams and management.
What you have:
- MS or Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optical Science, or related technical discipline.
- Good understanding of photonics to understand and debug laser & photonics tests.
- Hands-on experience with laser and photonics tests at wafer, bar, and chip level.
- Experience with fiber alignment and automation.
- Experience in Silicon Photonics R&D or product development.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate test findings and feedback to design
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards