Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for an expert in Photonics components and optical module test & characterization to join our core engineering team!
What you'll do:
- Responsible for Laser and Photonics characterization at the wafer, chip, and module levels.
- Develop novel characterization and debug tests into standardized procedures to deliver statistically significant data sets.
- Deliver test solutions for characterization of photonic integrated circuits (PIC) at the wafer and chip scale.
- Create designed experiments to map device performance while working with Design, Process, and System Engineering teams to stabilize and improve product screening at wafer-probe and package level testing.
- Clearly document test procedures and supervise operators at Aeva’s validation lab.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Perform statistical analysis of large data sets to characterize and improve performance.
- Provide test reports that summarize findings and present them to engineering teams and management.
What you have:
- 10+ years of test experience
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optical Science, or related technical discipline.
- Good understanding of photonics to understand and debug laser & photonics tests.
- Experience with standard LIV, spectrum, polarization, beam profile measurements
- Experience developing or running complex measurements such as RIN, linewidth
- Hands-on experience with laser and photonics tests at wafer, bar, and chip levels.
- Experience with fiber alignment and automation.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate test findings and feedback to design
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards