Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
High visibility role driving III/V-Si laser integration projects supporting next-generation LIDAR architectures
What you'll be doing:
- Working cross-functionally with silicon photonics and laser NPI teams to solve III-V/Si integration challenges (DFBs/DBRs/Ring Resonator based architectures)
- Work with internal and external partners for hands-on management of NPI and pilot production builds.
- Contribute to thermal and stress simulations of fabricated lasers as well as coordinate FA with Photonics Reliability Engineer
- Drive DOEs for performance improvements of functional builds
- Implement corrective actions while working with cross-functional teams.
- Drive process/tool/hardware qualifications plans
- Hands of testing of fabricated lasers/photonic subassemblies as needed
- Up to 30% overseas travel at partner sites
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll have:
- 1+ years of experience with laser integration (Flip Chip with edge coupling/suspended couplers/LAMP)
- Solid background with semiconductor device physics in III/V and Silicon space
- Comfortable analyzing large datasets.
- Background in DMAIC methodology
- Can-do attitude with a solution-driven mindset in an ambiguous environment.
- Experience with working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with active photonic components in either design or product development capacity.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing of optoelectronics products
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards