Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for an Automotive Business Development Manager or Director with 15+ years of experience in automotive sales, business development and partnerships management. You will manage and expand our automotive OEM and Tier 1 customer base across the entire spectrum from ADAS to Autonomous Vehicles. Key responsibilities include identification and successful execution from RFIs and RFQs to award nomination and expanding our global automotive ecosystem partnerships.
What you'll do:
- Establish new business opportunities through active customer acquisition, building relationships with key decision makers and by utilizing your existing automotive network
- Ensure that Aeva is participating in all applicable automotive RFIs and RFQs worldwide
- Collaborate with technical program management, systems engineering and our Tier 1 partners to establish efficient key account teams from RFI-stage to mass production
- Define and negotiate unit pricing, one time-cost and terms for development and supply agreements together with our legal and finance teams
- Serve as the primary interface and expand Aeva’s partnerships with automotive Tier 1s
- Maximize customer satisfaction by being the voice and representative of your customers within Aeva
What you have:
- 15+ years of experience in automotive sales or business development for ADAS and AD components at Tier 1 or automotive OEMs
- Proven ability to develop, foster and maintain high-quality relationships with leaders in automotive and counterparts
- Experience in working collaboratively with and manage cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-pace rapidly evolving environment, capable of managing uncertainty
- Strong negotiation skills and extensive knowledge in automotive cost calculation
Nice to have:
- Leadership experience across multiple Tier 1s.
- Experience with business development and sales in Asia.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards