Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for a Sr. Localization Software Engineer with experience developing localization algorithms for mobile robots. You will help with architecture definition, design, development and validation of our state estimation algorithms. You will have the opportunity to research & develop superior new algorithm architectures made possible only with our new & unique data streams.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and develop state estimation algorithms using point cloud data and inertial sensors.
- Analyze raw sensor data and generate performance metrics for the algorithms you will be developing.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate architecture & design documentation.
What you have:
- At least 3 years of industry experience.
- Experience with 3D point cloud or depth image.
- Highly skilled in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience with Bayesian estimation techniques (e.g. EKF, UKF, etc).
- Solid linear algebra and 3D geometry understanding.
- Exceptional ability to break-down and present complex problems.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
Nice to have:
- Developed SLAM algorithms using 3D point cloud.
- ROS or other frameworks used in robotics.
- Experience with CUDA parallel programming.
- Point cloud registration knowledge.
- Experience with sensor fusion of Lidar, GNSS, IMU sensors.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards