About us: Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, and long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
Overview: We are looking for a System Integration Technician to help prototype, build & test our products throughout the product life cycle.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform various system-level assemblies involving optical lenses, mirrors, lasers, PCBAs, and mechanical parts and run final testing on completed sub-assemblies/assemblies.
- Assembly of product using procedures, drawings, or internal specifications
- Repair/Troubleshoot defective product
- Assist engineering in building and testing prototypes
- Perform data collection and data analysis as needed
- Test product performanceInspect and or test FATP components as needed
What you'll have:
- 3+ years of experience in system integration-related field
- Experience in optical alignment and assembly using fixtures, hand tools, and microscopes
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results independently and work well with others
- Good understanding of engineering principles
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and process procedures
- Ability to recommend and implement improvements
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and procedures closely while offering suggestions for continuous improvement
- Demonstrates safety consciousness and strives to address safety or process concerns when they arise
- Experience using Google Cloud Tools (Google Mail, Calendar, Sheets)
- Experience in soldering various components (Discreets, BGA, connectors, etc) is a plus
Nice to haves:
- Experienced in a start up environment
- Experienced with IQC inspection