Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for a self-driven photonics test engineer to join our team!
What you'll do:
- Laser, optical amplifier, detector, and silicon photonics PIC characterization
- Bring up Photonics and laser test stations
- Characterize active and passive devices/structures using fiber coupling and electrical probing
- Collaborate with other test engineers to build test racks, and integrate and validate automated test platforms.
- Work with design engineers to characterize components to pre-defined specs and pass/fail criteria and feedback to future designs.
- Maintain lab inventories and interact with vendors to assist with the procurement of essential lab supplies
- Clearly document test procedures and provide concise test reports that summarize the findings
What you'll have:
- Experience with electronic and/or optical (laser or photonics) testing
- Ability to clearly communicate test findings
- BS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optical Science, or related technical discipline
Nice to have:
- Experience with fiber alignment, electrical device characterization, RF, photonics
- Experience with test development
- Some experience with laser and photonics tests at wafer, bar, and chip-level
- Experience with testing to qualify laser and photonics components for high volume
- Hands-on process development experience for optical alignments
- Experience in Python programming.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards