Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our core Supply Chain team! You will have total ownership of supplier quality through the entire lifecycle, from initial sourcing through development, tooling, and industrialization as well as product launch and ongoing business management.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the engineering team to establish new product & process control standards for optical components and assemblies.
- Develop robust control plans with our manufacturing partners to ensure the highest product quality and zero defects.
- Implement APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) processes with suppliers from the initial design stage through PPAP submission and the start of mass production.
- Perform supplier audits and site inspections to verify compliance with automotive quality management processes. Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Establish inspection plans, design new test methodologies, and qualify precision inspection tools and gages.
- Identify and lead improvement initiatives to optimize key process indicators.
- Guide engineering development in the design phase to ensure manufacturing needs are considered and appropriate quality expectations are defined. Help select suitable suppliers with the right commercial and technical capabilities to meet Aeva’s quality expectations and project timelines.
- Promote and champion a culture of quality and continuous improvement to build a world-class Supply Chain organization.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Optics or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years work experience in a Manufacturing or Quality role in the automotive, aerospace, or telecommunications industries
- Advanced knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes, test and inspection methodologies for optical components and materials
- Expert in automotive quality management standards and processes
- Proficient in applying IATF16949 core tools including Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to new challenges within a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to define complex problem statements, identify the root cause,s and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Excellent communication skills and team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Experienced in selecting and developing new suppliers and performing process audits to accepted industry standards i.e. ISO9001, IATF16949, VDA6.3
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Nice to have:
- ASQ certified
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt accredited
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards