Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for an expert in fab process engineering to join our core silicon photonics team!
What you'll do:
- Responsible for foundry interactions for Aeva’s 1st generation FMCW Silicon Photonic device during ongoing development and preparing for ramp to pre-production volumes.
- Owning and supporting foundry process improvements. Tracking foundry change notifications. Maintaining Aeva change control documentation.
- Tracking lot movement against schedule. Keeping inline process monitors, electrical test, and optical test data for lot acceptance reporting.
- Driving the process characterization and pre-qual material to establish Cp/Cpk, support PFMEA, and other quality initiatives for ISO9000 and IATF as needed.
- Working with Aeva design to make product performance and yield improvements through the foundry layout and tapeout processes.
- Managing through the Aeva purchase request and foundry purchase order processes.
What you'll have:
- MS or Ph.D. in Chem Eng, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optical Science or related technical discipline.
- Silicon Photonics, CMOS, or similar Fab process and integration experience.
- Understanding of process control methodologies and analysis techniques.
- SPC, JMP, DOE, KLayout, and other fab control and design tools.
- Cross company and cross-functional team and meeting leadership.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Silicon Photonic processes and devices.
- Experience in qualifying high-volume photonics components.
- Hands-on process development experience.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching a timecard