Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Perception) with experience working on full stack Perception or Robotics pipeline. You will help with building and optimizing perception software as well as tools and infrastructure for benchmarking and integration.
What you'll do:
- As a software engineer, you will architect and optimize perception software for runtime, maintainability and detection performance.
- You will build tools that support scaling perception infrastructure and benchmark the perception system.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate architecture & design documentation.
What you have:
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience.
- Skilled in C++/Python and strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Linux systems and Bash scripting.
- Experience with developing CI/CD pipelines.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of general machine learning, robotics and perception algorithms.
- Experience with Middleware frameworks such as ROS.
- Experience with build systems such as Bazel, CMake.
- Experience in GPU architecture and CUDA programming.
What’s in for you:
- Be part of an fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecard