Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join our manufacturing test team.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for leading all the ongoing factory tests for new product introduction from prototype to mass production. This includes working closely with the development teams, early in the product development lifecycle, to define product tests for functionality and performance. Specifying test stations and calibration in the assembly line for measuring product features.
- Drive NPI and production test strategy, specifications, and roadmap. Develop and drive execution of project plans.
- Responsible for the development of test procedures, test plans, and test reports.
- Specify/implement test process control and data collection and document standard operating procedures.
- Be the main contact concerning tests and associated processes with our Contract Manufacturers.
- Responsible for communicating to management and technical staff the outcome of key performance metrics for the different products and corrective actions. This position requires an ability to deal with a dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring decision-making with ambiguous information.
- Drive test coverage, throughput improvement optimization and other tester cost reduction programs to meet product targets.
What you'll have:
- 5+ years of experience as a design, validation, or test engineer in the following technologies: PCBAs, sensors or cameras, silicon photonics transceiver products, photonic subassemblies, optoelectronic modules, and/or systems.
- Excellent understanding of HW/SW architecture and interoperability of complex systems.
- Fundamental Optical engineering, EE, or SW knowledge is a requirement
- Experience leading technical project
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt project plans, schedules throughout the project to respond to changing requirements.
- Knowledge of data analysis and statistics
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills including effective presentation
- Demonstrated experience building, leading high performing teams
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude with the dream to work with a great team and product.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of an fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecard