Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for a photonics product engineer with validation and new product introduction (NPI) experience!
What you'll be doing:
- Interface with Photonics design, fabrication, hardware engineering, and product development teams to define validation plans and screening requirements to ensure that the module performance requirements are met.
- Ensure test plans are in place and coordinate test, verification, and drive debug with the test execution team.
- Perform statistical analysis of large data sets to characterize and improve performance.
- Work in close collaboration with the NPI program to meet product requirements based on test findings/analysis.
- Analyze device design and anticipate new test capabilities that will be required to improve designs.
- Works on R&D projects as required by the Photonics development team to support next-gen product development.
- Lead the re-engineering and transfer of prototype systems used for novel device characterization into systems used for high-throughput testing at contract manufacturing sites.
What you have:
- 5-10 years experience in NPI technology development for photonics products, and direct experience working with product development teams on product validation and test coverage requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of photonics device physics and performance metrics required.
- Proven team player with an ability to work effectively across departments.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate to broad, cross-functional teams and drive decisions.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of an early start-up that's backed by industry-leading venture capitalists
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching a timecard
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites