Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
Aeva is looking for a talented Senior Commercial Counsel to join our legal team. In this role, you will supporting business teams on a variety of engineering and commercial transactions including supplier and customer transactions.
What you'll be doing:
- Ideal candidate will perform technical acumen in technology agreements related to development and commercialization in electronics, automotive manufacturing, semiconductor designs and tools, software, firmware, hardware, manufacturing, and complex licenses & IP technology agreements
- A background that incorporate a mixtures of commercial technology transactions at law firm, engineering & technical skills and in-house experience is ideal.
- Strong background in all facets of engineering, development and supply chain issues, including, manufacturing, compliance, intellectual property, and commercial law is essential.
- Skillfully lead & close contract negotiations with a rapid pace, identify and mitigate engineering development & supply chain risks, come up with creative solutions to problems arising in customer commercial transactions, execute on Aeva’s missions and goals, and provide legal advice and counseling to support the day-to-day operations of the company.
What you have:
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials, with admission to at least one state Bar
- 10+ years handling commercial contracts, with a strong background in intellectual property, technology transactions, and commercial law either at a top tier law firm or in-house
- Experience leading large complex transactions with suppliers and customers in the automotive or electronics manufacturing industries
- Ability to balance timing, risks and best outcomes
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills for various types of engineering, hardware, software, optical systems, raw materials, automotive parts, technology transactions, and commercial contracts, including deft handling of commercial contract disputes and negotiating dispute resolution
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of learning quickly, flexibility, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful and taking on additional responsibility as needed
- Experience with optical sensing systems in automotive or industrial markets is a strong plus
What's in it for you:
- Be part of an early start-up that's backed by industry leading venture capitalists
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity!
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- 401k matching
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecard
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites!