Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for a layout and design automation manager to join our photonics design team. The successful candidate will manage a group of engineers to deliver mask layouts to support various development tape-outs as well as drive implementations of automated workflow for photonic integrated design procedures.
What you'll do:
- Implement and maintain layout workflows, and manage day-to-day layout operations for various mask tape-outs as a part of silicon photonic circuit developments.
- Work cross-functionally with design, process, and test teams to produce an accurate mask layout that complies with DfT, DfM, and foundry design rules and guidelines.
- Establish a roadmap for photonics design automation.
- Manage software selection procedures to implement an integrated environment for photonics simulation and layout tools.
- Drive and maintain simulation/layout infrastructure and automated workflow.
- Manage in-house photonic component model and layout libraries, and interface with other functional teams for co-design activities.
- Continuously monitor quality escapes, and deploy corrective actions with a proper root cause analysis.
What you'll have:
- 8+ years of photonic integrated circuit layout and design automation experience.
- Strong knowledge of photonics layout best practices and requirements for commercial silicon photonics foundries.
- Proficiency in software tools commonly used in photonics mask layout such as Synopsys Optodesigner/Optocompiler, Luceda IPKISS, and Klayout.
- Familiarity with the semiconductor fabrication process.
- Familiarity with commercial photonics simulation software environments from Synopsys, Cadence, Luceda, and Ansys.
- Experience with source code and library management.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as a team player and mentor team members with integrity.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in silicon photonics, and optoelectronic device physics.
- Experience in managing a team in a similar environment of photonics product development.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards