Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for an experienced Product Quality Engineer to join our core Supply Chain team! You will have total ownership of overall product quality through the entire lifecycle, from initial concept through development, NPI, and industrialization as well as product launch and ongoing business management.
What you'll do:
- Own quality for Aeva’s products and act as the primary point of contact to external and internal customers.
- Support Business and Product Development and help translate the “voice of the customer” into product-specific quality requirements.
- Collaborate with the engineering and manufacturing teams to establish new product & process control standards for Aeva’s 4D LiDAR.
- Guide engineering development in the design phase to ensure manufacturing needs are considered and appropriate quality expectations are defined.
- Evaluate the capability and effectiveness of manufacturing processes, procedures, production tools, and test equipment.
- Establish a robust quality control plan to achieve zero defects and lead quality initiatives to improve and sustain product quality at scale.
- Design new test methodologies and qualify precision inspection tools and gages.
- Implement APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) processes with our contract manufacturers from the initial design stage through PPAP submission and the start of mass production.
- Perform supplier audits to verify compliance with automotive quality management processes.
- Investigate quality issues to determine root cause and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Promote and champion a culture of quality and continuous improvement to build a world-class Supply Chain organization.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 6+ years work experience in a Manufacturing or Quality role in the automotive, transportation, or aerospace industries
- Expert in automotive quality management standards and processes
- Proficient in applying IATF16949 core tools including Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Fluent in reading technical drawings and a solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experienced qualifying mechanical or optical metrology tools
- Self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to new challenges within a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to define complex problem statements, identify the root cause,s and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Excellent communication skills and team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Experienced in selecting and developing new suppliers and performing process audits to accepted industry standards i.e. ISO9001, IATF16949, VDA6.3
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Nice to have:
- ASQ certified
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt accredited
- Hands-on experience running and programming automated inspection routines using tactile or optical Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM)
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards