Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern with experience developing computer vision and machine learning algorithms, preferably CNNs (Convolutional Neural Networks) for feature detection and classification across a variety of perception sensing inputs. You will help with the design, development, and validation of our core perception software algorithms.
You will have the opportunity to research & develop superior new algorithm architectures made possible only with our new & unique data streams.
What you'll do
- As an intern, you will help design, develop & validate robust computer vision and machine learning algorithms for detection & recognition of features based on multiple sensing inputs
- You will work with entirely new input dimensions that are yet to exist and will develop algorithms for such new inputs
- Help build a world-class AI team
What you have
- Working on your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field
- Relevant internship or project experiences
- Experience developing perception software algorithms with vision and point cloud inputs
- Fluent in Python and a good understanding of C/C++
- Strong foundations in mathematics and statistics
- Proven track record with developing & deploying DNN algorithms on robots systems including CNNs & RNNs
- Experience deploying perception systems on edge devices
- Multi-modal perception systems
- Experience with object motion & tracking algorithms
- Experience with classical computer vision techniques and point cloud processing
What's in it for you
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation