Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for a photonics design engineer to develop next-generation silicon photonic integrated circuits for FMCW lidar systems.
What you'll do:
- Design passive and active photonic devices including various types of couplers/splitters, phase shifters, photodetectors as well as novel concept devices.
- Work closely with a PIC architecture team to define component level requirements, and development plans.
- Analyze test data from wafer and bar level characterizations, and identify performance gaps and improvement paths.
- Work cross-functionally, and deliver technical results as well as recommendations.
What you'll have:
- 7+ years of silicon photonics device design, simulation, and validation.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in photonic components and integrated circuits.
- Design and tape-out experience using a commercial silicon photonics foundry or in-house PDK.
- Proficiency in software tools commonly used in photonics design and data analysis such as Lumerical, Fimmwave, Matlab, and Python.
- Familiarity with the semiconductor fabrication process.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as a team player in a dynamic environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience in statistical analysis with large data sets.
- Experience in programming-based mask layout software.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching a timecard