Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our core Supply Chain team! You will have total ownership of supplier quality through the entire lifecycle, from initial sourcing through development, tooling, and industrialization as well as product launch and ongoing business management.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the engineering team to establish new product & process control standards for mechanical, optical and electronic components and assemblies.
- Develop robust control plans with our manufacturing partners to ensure highest product quality and zero defects.
- Implement APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) processes with suppliers from the initial design stage through PPAP submission and start of mass production.
- Perform supplier audits and site inspections to verify compliance with automotive quality management processes.
- Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Establish inspection plans, design new test methodologies and qualify precision inspection tools and gauges.
- Identify and lead improvement initiatives to optimize key process indicators.
- Guide engineering development in the design phase to ensure manufacturing needs are considered and appropriate quality expectations are defined.
- Help select suitable suppliers with the right commercial and technical capabilities to meet Aeva’s quality expectations and project timelines.
- Promote and champion a culture of quality and continuous improvement to build a world class Supply Chain organization.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years work experience in a Manufacturing or Quality role
- Advanced knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes and inspection methodologies
- Expert in automotive quality management standards and processes
- Proficient in applying IATF 16949 core tools including Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Self- starter who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to new challenges within a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to define complex problem statements, identify root cause and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Excellent communication skills and team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Experienced in selecting and developing new suppliers and performing process audits to accepted industry standards i.e. ISO 9001, IATF 16949, VDA 6.3
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Nice to have:
- Certified ISO 9001, IATF or VDA Auditor
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt accredited
- Working experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching time cards