Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
An ASIC design position requiring an in-depth understanding of ISO-26262, automotive design for safety, and related reliability standards. Primary responsibility for ASIC DFMEAs, FMEDAs, and ASIC components of the system Functional Safety plan.
What you'll do:
- Conduct Functional Safety design reviews and generate DFMEA documents.
- Analyze RTL designs including third-party IP. Perform FMEDA analysis and generate FMEDA documents.
- Responsible for ASIC Design EDA Tool qualification.
- Participate in and contribute to System Functional Safety Plan
- Participate in and contribute to the negotiation of DIAs.
- Create, evaluate, and (in some cases) design (code) ASIC Safety Mechanisms
- Lead Aeva Fault Simulation Campaign to uncover faults and demonstrate diagnostic coverage.
What you'll have:
- 5+ years RTL design experience using SystemVerilog.
- In-depth knowledge of ISO-26262 as it relates to ASIC design.
- In-depth knowledge of automotive reliability standards.
- Previous experience creating DFMEAs and FMEDAs and other ISO-26262 collateral documents.
- Leadership role obtaining ISO-26262 certification of a complex semiconductor device.
- Previous experience conducting a Fault Simulation Campaign.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with ISO-26262 related software tools (management and tracking) such as Jama.
- Previous experience with RTL level FuSa estimation tools.
- Previous experience generating a Functional Safety Plan and/or Functional Safety Manual.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching a timecard