Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer in R&D/NPI to design tools/fixtures to be used on assembly equipment in NPI project and mass production.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, assemble, and validate mechanical tools/fixtures/trays that will be used throughout our NPI and production process. These fixtures will be used on production processes and augment such as ultrasonic clean, epoxy dispense, epoxy/solder eutectic die-attach, wirebond, hermetic seam-sealing, active alignment, PCBA soldering, WIP transfer tray and baking equipment
- Design, assemble, and validate custom assembly tools/fixturing as well as custom optical & electrical test fixturing
- Provide mechanical support for process failure analysis
- Plan to take seam sealing process ownership
What you have:
- 2+ years experience with detailed design, development and validation of mechanical assemblies
- Familiar with design rules for different equipment and processes like ultrasonic clean, pick & place die bonder and Au wire bonder, parallel seam sealer, and PCBA soldering
- Solid understanding of design for assembly including tolerance analysis
- The ability and desire to design in CAD and be hands-on with assembly and test
- A desire to learn, innovate, a express your ideas in a fast moving collaborative environment
- Solidworks Experience
- Experience designing fixturing/tooling for R&D/NPI and mass production.
- Experience designing fixturing/tooling to handle delicate optical components.
- Experience hermetic seam sealing process.