Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for a test and validation engineer for our Lidar product manufacturing line!
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee and drive factory tests for new product introduction from prototype to mass production. This includes working closely with the development teams, early in the product development lifecycle, to define product tests for functionality and performance, specify test and calibration stations in the assembly line for screening failure, and measure product features.
- Install and qualify test stations for Aeva’s products at CM manufacturing sites.
- Implement test process control and failure analysis disposition flow and document factory operating procedures.
- Be the main contact concerning tests and associated processes with our Contract Manufacturers.
- Perform statistical analysis of large data sets, and manage SPC in the production line.
- Responsible for communicating to management and technical staff the key performance metrics and corrective actions when there are deviations.
- 10-25% travel to CM sites to periodically review operations may be required.
What you'll have:
- 5-10 years' NPI or manufacturing test experience for photonics, LiDAR, or optical sensor products.
- 5+ years of experience with production test stations used for screening photonic assemblies, PCBAs, optomechanical assemblies, and fully assembled products.
- 5+ years experience working with CMs worldwide.
- Excellent knowledge of photonics device physics and performance metrics required.
- Proven team player with an ability to work effectively across departments.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate to broad, cross-functional teams and drive decisions.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching a timecard