Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for an experienced design engineer to develop our current and next generation LiDAR mechanical scanning systems.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with our vendors to design high-precision high-bandwidth electromechanical actuators and control systems including galvos, VCMs, and polygons.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of development including design, supplier oversight, build and validation support, and reliability test plans/FA.
- Evaluate mechanical design over temperature, tolerance, and assembly conditions to ensure successful transition to mass production.
- Develop test methodology, fixtures, and equipment to validate designs and qualify changes.
- Work closely with controls engineering and electrical engineering to ensure successful system integration.
What you have:
- 7+ years of experience designing precision electromechanical subassemblies and control systems shipped in mass production.
- Knowledge of mass production manufacturing processes including stamping, forging, casting, CNC; assembly processes including winding, bonding, welding, swaging, etc.
- Experience designing complex assemblies in CAD and releasing detailed drawings (Solidworks or NX preferred).
- Strong knowledge of bearings, coatings, lubricants, seals, brushless motors, VCM coil design, and encoders.
- A passion for making great products, challenging yourself and others, and developing talented engineers.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of digital controller design techniques and real-world experience implementing precision motion control.
- Electromagnetic simulation experience (eg Maxwell) correlated to real world performance.
- Experience designing components for optical sensors.
- Experience designing automotive components.
- Experience designing safety-critical components in a regulated industry.
- M.S. with focus in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, controls, or robotics.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of and help grow a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards