Key expansion beyond automotive with Nikon strategic collaboration to bring Aeva 4D LiDAR to industrial automation and precision metrology markets
Continued momentum in automotive, expanding TuSimple collaboration with Aeva as the only long-range LiDAR on TuSimple’s current trucking fleet
B sample development on schedule to be completed by year-end
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., August 12, 2021 – Aeva (NYSE: AEVA), a leader in next-generation sensing and perception systems, today announced its second quarter 2021 results.
Key Company Highlights
- Formed strategic collaboration with Nikon to develop next-generation solutions utilizing unique capabilities of Aeva’s 4D LiDAR for industrial automation and precision metrology markets
- Continued momentum in automotive across programs including with undisclosed customer; expanding TuSimple collaboration with Aeva as the only long-range LiDAR on TuSimple’s current trucking fleet
- On track to complete B sample development by year-end
- Over 100% team growth over the past two quarters to support customer development and new program opportunities
- Strengthened team with key leadership hires in product design, development and validation
“Aeva continues to build on strong momentum across multiple fronts. We’re driving forward with automotive collaborations across programs, and expanding into new markets, including our strategic collaboration with Nikon to accelerate adoption of Aeva’s industry-first FMCW 4D LiDAR for high precision industrial automation and metrology applications. Operationally, we have already achieved a number of our 2021 objectives in this quarter. We continue to make great progress to deliver on our remaining goals for this year as we execute on our mission to bring perception to all devices,” said Soroush Salehian, Co-founder and CEO at Aeva.
Second Quarter 2021 Financial Highlights
- Cash, Cash Equivalents and Marketable Securities
- Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities of $502.5 million as of June 30, 2021
- Revenue of $2.6 million in Q2 2021, compared to $1.6 million in Q2 2020
- GAAP and Non-GAAP Operating Loss*
- GAAP operating loss of $24.7 million in Q2 2021, compared to a GAAP operating loss of $5.0 million in Q2 2020
- Non-GAAP operating loss of $20.7 million in Q2 2021, compared to non-GAAP operating loss of $4.1 million in Q2 2020
- Shares Outstanding
- Weighted average shares outstanding of 211.6 million in Q2 2021
*Table reconciling GAAP to Non-GAAP Operating Loss is provided at the end of this release.
Aeva is on track to deliver on its 2021 objectives, which are summarized below:
- Complete next-generation B sample development: Final design in progress and remain on schedule to compete B sample development by year-end
- Build on momentum with 2 additional programs towards production: Formed strategic collaboration with Nikon and on track for another program
- Accelerate engagements in non-automotive applications: Nikon collaboration accelerates non-auto growth opportunity, including goal to expand beyond industrial metrology
- Strengthen supply chain for production to bring Aeva 4D LiDAR to scale: Finalized key supply chain for our silicon processing chip
Conference Call Details
The company will host a conference call and live webcast to discuss results at 3:00 p.m. PT / 6:00 p.m. ET today. The live webcast and replay can be accessed at investors.aeva.ai.
About Aeva Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: AEVA)
Founded in 2017 by former Apple engineers Soroush Salehian and Mina Rezk, and led by a multidisciplinary team of engineers and operators experienced in the field of sensing and perception, Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception technology to broad applications from automated driving to consumer electronics, consumer health, industrial robotics and security. For more information, visit www.aeva.com.
Aeva®, the Aeva logo and 4D LiDAR are trademarks/registered trademarks of Aeva, Inc. All rights reserved. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Forward looking statements
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. These forward-looking statements generally are identified by the words “believe,” “project,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “intend,” “strategy,” “future,” “opportunity,” “plan,” “may,” “should,” “will,” “would,” “will be,” “will continue,” “will likely result,” and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are predictions, projections and other statements about future events that are based on current expectations and assumptions and, as a result, are subject to risks and uncertainties. Forward looking statements in this press release include our beliefs regarding our financial position and operating performance for the second quarter of 2021 and business objectives for 2021, along with our expectations with respect to our collaborations with third parties. Many factors could cause actual future events to differ materially from the forward-looking statements in this press release, including, but not limited to: (i) the ability to maintain the listing of Aeva’s securities on the New York Stock Exchange, (ii) the price of Aeva’s securities, which may be volatile due to a variety of factors, including changes in the competitive and highly regulated industries in which Aeva plans to operate, variations in performance across competitors, changes in laws and regulations affecting Aeva’s business and changes in the combined capital structure, (iii) the ability to implement business plans, forecasts, and other expectations and to identify and realize additional opportunities, (iv) the risk of downturns and the possibility of rapid change in the highly competitive industry in which Aeva operates, (v) the risk that Aeva and its current and future collaborators are unable to successfully develop and commercialize Aeva’s products or services, or experience significant delays in doing so, (vi) the risk that Aeva may never achieve or sustain profitability; (vii) the risk that Aeva will need to raise additional capital to execute its business plan, which many not be available on acceptable terms or at all; (viii) the risk that Aeva experiences difficulties in managing its growth and expanding operations, (ix) the risk that third-parties suppliers and manufacturers are not able to fully and timely meet their obligations, (x) the risk of product liability or regulatory lawsuits or proceedings relating to Aeva’s products and services, (xi) the risk that Aeva is unable to secure or protect its intellectual property; and (xii) the effects of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic or other infectious diseases, health epidemics, pandemics and natural disasters on Aeva’s business. The foregoing list of factors is not exhaustive. You should carefully consider the foregoing factors, and for a further discussion of the material risks and other important factors that could affect our financial results, please refer to our filings with the SEC, including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2021. These filings identify and address other important risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events and results to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements, and Aeva assumes no obligation and does not intend to update or revise these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. Aeva does not give any assurance that it will achieve its expectations.