Continued momentum in automotive, with Plus production win to implement Aeva’s 4D LiDAR on PlusDrive autonomous trucks
Selected Fabrinet for automotive-grade production of 4D LiDAR chip module
On track to complete B sample development by year end and deliveries to our partners in 2022
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., November 10, 2021 – Aeva (NYSE: AEVA), a leader in next-generation sensing and perception systems, today announced its third quarter 2021 results.
Key Company Highlights
- Key production win with Plus to implement Aeva’s 4D LiDAR as long-range LiDAR on PlusDrive autonomous trucks
- On track with key development milestones across other automotive and non-automotive collaborations
- Selected Fabrinet as automotive-grade manufacturing partner (IATF 16949 certified) to produce 4D LiDAR chip module and accelerate manufacturing capabilities
- Completed product design release for B sample, providing path to final cost structure and deliveries to our partners in 2022
“Aeva is solidifying the path to commercialization of our breakthrough 4D LiDAR,” said Soroush Salehian, Co-Founder and CEO at Aeva. “The production win with Plus is significant because it highlights our growing commercial momentum as the industry increasingly transitions to FMCW LiDAR to enable safe automated driving, and it validates the leading performance and scalability of Aeva’s automotive-grade LiDAR on chip technology. We remain laser focused on supporting our partners and working towards realizing Aeva’s mission to bring perception to all devices.”
Third Quarter 2021 Financial Highlights
- Cash, Cash Equivalents and Marketable Securities
- Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities of $477.7 million as of September 30, 2021
- Revenue of $3.5 million in Q3 2021, compared to $1.9 million in Q3 2020
- GAAP and Non-GAAP Operating Loss*
- GAAP operating loss of $27.4 million in Q3 2021, compared to GAAP operating loss of $4.8 million in Q3 2020
- Non-GAAP operating loss of $19.9 million in Q3 2021, compared to non-GAAP operating loss of $3.7 million in Q3 2020
- GAAP and Non-GAAP Net Loss per Share*
- GAAP net loss per share of $0.13 in Q3 2021, compared to GAAP net loss per share of $0.03 in Q3 2020
- Non-GAAP net loss per share of $0.09 in Q3 2021, compared to non-GAAP net loss per share of $0.02 in Q3 2020
- Shares Outstanding
- Weighted average shares outstanding of 212.6 million in Q3 2021
*Tables reconciling GAAP to Non-GAAP measures are provided at the end of this release.
Aeva has already achieved three of the four objectives for 2021 and is on track to deliver the final objective. Our 2021 objectives are summarized below:
- Build on momentum with two additional programs towards production: Completed goal with Plus and Nikon collaborations; remain on track with other collaborations
- Accelerate engagements in non-automotive applications: Completed goal with Nikon collaboration for industrial metrology and automation
- Strengthen supply chain for production to bring Aeva 4D LiDAR to scale: Completed goal with a number of key developments including finalizing key supply chain for our silicon processing chip and selecting Fabrinet to produce our 4D LiDAR chip module
- Complete next-generation B sample development: On track to finish by year end and working with supply chain to prepare for deliveries in 2022
Conference Call Details
The company will host a conference call and live webcast to discuss results at 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET today. The live webcast and replay can be accessed at investors.aeva.ai.
About Aeva Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: AEVA)
Founded in 2017 by former Apple engineers Soroush Salehian and Mina Rezk, and led by a multidisciplinary team of engineers and operators experienced in the field of sensing and perception, Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception technology to broad applications from automated driving to consumer electronics, consumer health, industrial robotics, and security. For more information, visit www.aeva.com.
Aeva®, the Aeva logo and 4D LiDAR are trademarks/registered trademarks of Aeva, Inc. All rights reserved. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Forward looking statements
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. These forward-looking statements generally are identified by the words “believe,” “project,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “intend,” “strategy,” “future,” “opportunity,” “plan,” “may,” “should,” “will,” “would,” “will be,” “will continue,” “will likely result,” and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are predictions, projections and other statements about future events that are based on current expectations and assumptions and, as a result, are subject to risks and uncertainties. Forward looking statements in this press release include our beliefs regarding our financial position and operating performance for the third quarter of 2021 and business objectives for 2021, along with our expectations with respect to our collaborations with third parties. Many factors could cause actual future events to differ materially from the forward-looking statements in this press release, including, but not limited to: (i) the ability to maintain the listing of Aeva’s securities on the New York Stock Exchange, (ii) the price of Aeva’s securities, which may be volatile due to a variety of factors, including changes in the competitive and highly regulated industries in which Aeva plans to operate, variations in performance across competitors, changes in laws and regulations affecting Aeva’s business and changes in the combined capital structure, (iii) the ability to implement business plans, forecasts, and other expectations and to identify and realize additional opportunities, (iv) the risk of downturns and the possibility of rapid change in the highly competitive industry in which Aeva operates, (v) the risk that Aeva and its current and future collaborators are unable to successfully develop and commercialize Aeva’s products or services, or experience significant delays in doing so, (vi) the risk that Aeva may never achieve or sustain profitability; (vii) the risk that Aeva will need to raise additional capital to execute its business plan, which many not be available on acceptable terms or at all; (viii) the risk that Aeva experiences difficulties in managing its growth and expanding operations, (ix) the risk that third-parties suppliers and manufacturers are not able to fully and timely meet their obligations, (x) the risk of product liability or regulatory lawsuits or proceedings relating to Aeva’s products and services, (xi) the risk that Aeva is unable to secure or protect its intellectual property; and (xii) the effects of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic or other infectious diseases, health epidemics, pandemics and natural disasters on Aeva’s business. The foregoing list of factors is not exhaustive. You should carefully consider the foregoing factors, and for a further discussion of the material risks and other important factors that could affect our financial results, please refer to our filings with the SEC, including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2021. These filings identify and address other important risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events and results to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements, and Aeva assumes no obligation and does not intend to update or revise these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. Aeva does not give any assurance that it will achieve its expectations.